Time & Location
Oct 17, 2021, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM MDT
Unity of Boulder Church, 2855 Folsom St, Boulder, CO 80304
We are thrilled for you to be a co-creator of this documentary by giving us your honest reactions to selected excerpts from This is [Not] Who We Are! Below are more details about the event.
We strongly encourage anyone who is not fully vaccinated to attend an online event instead. Additionally, in accordance with local safety guidelines related to COVID-19, will strictly enforce that all participants wear properly fitting masks around the nose and mouth (we'll have some extra masks on hand for anyone who forgets theirs). We will also ask attendees to space out in the auditorium unless from the same household or family.
2:00 - 2:15 Welcome, Introductions, and Participation Agreements
2:15 - 2:45 Film screening
2:45 - 3:15 Group discussion
3:15 - 3:30 Handout questionnaires
- Closing -
By signing up for this event you agree to the following:
1. Your comments will be offered with the sincere intention of helping our team of filmmakers improve this film, based on the people you will meet and stories you will hear. There are many possible approaches to the topic, involving many people and stories. At this stage, we are not going to start over and make one of those other films. We are excited about finishing this one, and we hope you are excited to help us!
2. Your comments will be focused on the material presented, and not on more general discussion or debate of the ideas or issues presented.
3. You will treat every other participant with respect and courtesy.
4. You will focus your comments as much as possible on your own honest reactions to the work and respect that others’ reactions will likely be different from yours. Exploration of those different reactions will be a rich aspect of the conversation, recognizing that there is no “right” or “correct” reaction, nor is the goal to form a consensus or convince others.
5. You will give honest feedback, including negative reactions -- which are often the most valuable -- to the filmmaking team members who are hosting the session. We will answer clarifying questions and facilitate the discussion, but you should not expect the filmmakers to respond directly to criticisms or to actively address the feedback in detail.
6. You will not attempt to record, screenshot, download, or disseminate the rough cut excerpts that you will see. These excerpts are part of a work-in-progress and are not for public distribution. We will record all discussions to help us with our edit but will keep individuals’ comments anonymous outside of the discussion or screening.
7. You will also keep the comments made by other participants confidential, in order to maintain a safe environment in which people feel able to express themselves on difficult subjects.